Tomato Hamburger Topping Recipe
I created this recipe a few years ago, and it earned my a prize in a local cooking contest. You can also serve the topping over hot cooked noodles.— Irene Smith, Lidgerwood, North Dakota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked wild and long grain rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the green pepper, tomato, water, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup: 198 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Hamburger Topping
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC