Tomato Hamburger Soup
As a full-time teacher, I only have time to cook from scratch a few nights each week. This recipe makes a big enough batch to feed my family for 2 nights. - Julie Kruger, St. Cloud, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and
- cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Season with salt
- and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Vary the flavor of Tomato Hamburger Soup each time you make it by using different blends of frozen mixed vegetables.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 125 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.