- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Hamburger Soup
Sort By :
"This recipe is quick and tastes WONDERFUL. Thank you for sharing."
"I have made this many times, and it is our favorite vegetable soup. I can quickly put it together before I go to work, and it is ready by the time I get home."
"My mother-in-law makes a similar soup using canned mixed vegs and canned tomatoes. Easy to prepare, tastes pretty good, and is also low in calories. It's easy to vary the recipe according to what you have on hand. Can add potatoes or noodles, and can prepare quicker if needed in a pot on the stove, although the slow cooking improves the flavors, I'm sure."
"Easy to make, and as good as any homemade soup I've ever made. I substituted fresh onion for the dried and simply cooked that along with the hamburger."
"Fantastic! I added two pounds of ground turkey and also added a small dab of sour cream when serving it. Tasty and yummy!"