Tomato Ham Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in ham and seasonings. Cook 8 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 170 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.