Tomato Ground Beef Mix Recipe
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 15 minutes longer. Cool.
- 2. Freeze mixture in 2-cup portions in freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using. Yield: about 16 cups.
1 serving equals 535 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 1,158 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Ground Beef Mix
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.