Tomato Ground Beef Mix Recipe
- 4 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 15 minutes longer. Cool.
- Freeze mixture in 2-cup portions in freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before using. Yield: about 16 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tomato Ground Beef Mix(6)
Sort By :
Haven't actually tried this yet, but looks good! How can I find the "related recipes" of things I can make with this mix?
Instead of ground beef, I used ground venison
I USE THIS RECIPE FROM SOUP TO PASTA DISHES. WHAT A GREAT GO TO WHEN YOU HAVE TO MAKE DINNER IN A HURRY. THAW IN MICROWAVE WHEN THE PASTA OR RICE COOKS. FOR SOUP ADD LEFT OVER VEGETABLES VERY GOOOOOOD
Note the recipes using this mix in the "Related Recipes" box.
You can use this base for lots of dishes, such as chili, spaghetti, etc. Suppose it might be good on potatoes as well. Good luck!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >