Tomato Green Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 58 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Tomato Green Bean Soup
"I like it before I try it."
"Made recipe as written. My husband loves soup for lunch. He had a 2nd bowl. Will try it with my homemade stewed tomatoes and my frozen green beans this winter."
"Very good and low Weight Watcher points."
"Oops for got to rate this yummy soup. Left my review abrove. ;-)"
"Made this with my fresh garden veggies and added sauteed chicken breast. Yummy...very tasty! My family is going to like this."
"Very tasty soup. Good seasoning. I added some uncooked spiral rotini, red pepper flakes and instead of fresh tomatoes I added a can of petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil."