Tomato-Green Bean Salad Recipe
Feta cheese adds a salty kick to this fuss-free salad. Estelle suggests making it a day ahead so that the flavors can meld. Estelle Lauletta — Boston, Massachusetts
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes and olives. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 153 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC