- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, cheese and bacon. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Green Bean Salad
"Very good!! I did not have fresh beans, I made mine with beans that I had frozen from last years garden, and it worked great. Will be making this again.Will make this again"
"This is delicious and looks very colorful and appetizing. I do not have a steamer so I just microwave the grean beans for a few minutes and they turnout nicely crisp-tender. I also use the real bacon bits, not imitation bacon bits. It tastes much better this way."
"Delicious! I could eat it all by myself too! The dressing is wonderful - a perfect summer side."