- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped tomatoes and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onions 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in lentils, seasonings and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and tomato paste; heat through. Serve with yogurt and, if desired, tomatoes and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Garlic Lentil Bowls in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Tomato-Garlic Lentil Bowls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2017
"We have these lentil bowls a lot. They make fantastic workday lunches, too. I like to add cumin along with the other spices, and the tomatoes and cilantro are musts on top!"