Tomato Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine garlic and salt; let stand for 15-20 minutes. Add potatoes and 2 tablespoons oil.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potato mixture, onion, chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 762 calories, 39 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Garlic Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.