Tomato-Garlic Angel Hair
This light olive oil and Parmesan cheese-based sauce is so fresh tasting. But fresh basil is the key ingredient in this pasta dish.Salvatore Bertolinio, Indiana, Pennsylvania
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) angel hair pasta
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Rinse and drain pasta; add to
- tomato mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.