Tomato Garden Pasta
Aileen Sheehan of Stafford, Virginia mixes fresh tomatoes, green beans and pasta with a splash of balsamic vinaigrette, a hint of basil and chives and crumbled feta cheese for a colorful, Mediterranean delight. “I have served this many times, using fresh tomatoes from my garden. It’s a wonderful side dish,” Aileen says. “With Italian sausage and basil bread, it's a scrumptious meal.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans during the
- last 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, chives and basil. Drain pasta mixture
- and add to tomato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or at room
- temperature. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Yield: 8