- slices. Top with half of the meat mixture and half of the tomatoes.
- Combine seasonings; sprinkle half over tomatoes. Drizzle with 1
- teaspoon oil. Crumble remaining bread over top. Repeat layers of
- meat, tomatoes, seasonings and oil.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; stir in flour until
- smooth. Gradually stir in milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until
- thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- Parmesan. Pour over casserole. Top with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden
- brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.