Tomato Florentine Soup Recipe
When I get a craving for this soup in summer, I head ouside and pick garden-fresh tomatoes and basil. Use whatever kind of pasta you have on hand. —Engracia Salley, Bristol, Rhode Island
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 vegetable juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Add the vegetable juice, pasta, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and basil. Cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Yield: 9 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC