Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
One summer I combined my love for onions with a bumper crop of tomatoes and a homemade balsamic dressing. The result was this salad that receives thumbs-up approval whenever it's served. -Robert Golus of Greer, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 pound grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, basil and salt. Add onion; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oil and feta cheese; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC