One summer I combined my love for onions with a bumper crop of tomatoes and a homemade balsamic dressing. The result was this salad that receives thumbs-up approval whenever it's served. -Robert Golus of Greer, South Carolina
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 pound grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, basil and salt. Add onion; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oil and feta cheese; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Feta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p25
Reviews for Tomato Feta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review