- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 pound grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, basil and salt. Add onion; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oil and feta cheese; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Feta Salad
Sort By :
"All 5 members of my family get into this salad, even when our 3 children were younger! I cook the red onion first in about 1/2 cup of water and microwave in order to get some of the strong flavor out since my family finds it more tolerable that way. Plain crumbled feta cheese is very acceptable. I also cut the dressing amount exactly in half, which I find just the right amount to add flavor but not drown the salad and give the solid ingredients a chance to speak for themselves! A wonderful combination of flavors and colors to attract the eye! Not the same old boring lettuce & tomato offering, that's for sure! Try it!"
"I have made this recipe so many times, and just cannot get enough. Guests also love it! To make it even healthier, I just put a dash of olive oil in it and use low fat or fat free feta. It is delicious!!! If I don't want the brown color I use white balsamic vinegar. The tastiest is the Modena Balsamic Vinegar, of course!"
"Mine didn't turn out anything like the picture. The balsamic vinegar turned the onions a brownish color. I also thought the balsamic overpowered the dish, and you couldn't taste as much of the delicious feta as I would have liked. Is it possible for a vinegar to be too strong or overly potent?"
"Made this over the summer with tomatoes fresh from the garden, delish!"
"Simply terrific with seasonal tomatoes."