- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
- 1 pound grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, basil and salt. Add onion; toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oil and feta cheese; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Feta Salad
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe so many times, and just cannot get enough. Guests also love it! To make it even healthier, I just put a dash of olive oil in it and use low fat or fat free feta. It is delicious!!! If I don't want the brown color I use white balsamic vinegar. The tastiest is the Modena Balsamic Vinegar, of course!"
"Mine didn't turn out anything like the picture. The balsamic vinegar turned the onions a brownish color. I also thought the balsamic overpowered the dish, and you couldn't taste as much of the delicious feta as I would have liked. Is it possible for a vinegar to be too strong or overly potent?"
"Made this over the summer with tomatoes fresh from the garden, delish!"
"Simply terrific with seasonal tomatoes."
"With an over-abundance of cherry tomatoes, I can't tell you how many times I've made this recipe this summer. Very refreshing and easy. Never any left."