Tomato-Feta Bow Ties Recipe
"This is an easy variation on a spaghetti recipe," writes Ryan Wilcox of Rochester, Minnesota. "It can be used as a side dish, or as an entree when combined with cooked chicken or shrimp."
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the oregano, garlic, salt and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add wine or broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes and cheese. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain pasta; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC