We have always enjoyed scrambled eggs for any meal...breakfast, lunch or dinner. Maybe it was because this was one of the first dishes we taught the children in the family to cook and they especially liked to make it.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 small fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add
- egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are
- completely set. Stir in tomato. Spread each slice of toast with 1
- teaspoon remaining butter. Spoon egg mixture over toast. Yield: 2