Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew
"Here in the Northwest, we have a seemingly endless supply of seafood, so we're always searching for creative new recipes," reveals Renton, Washington cook Jennie Benjaminson. "This thick hearty stew was a big hit when I served it one year on Father's Day. My dad loved it! And so did everyone else."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add
- the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 306 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 246 mg cholesterol, 1,282 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a