"Here in the Northwest, we have a seemingly endless supply of seafood, so we're always searching for creative new recipes," reveals Renton, Washington cook Jennie Benjaminson. "This thick hearty stew was a big hit when I served it one year on Father's Day. My dad loved it! And so did everyone else."
Featured In: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Ick. One bite and we got out a frozen pizza."