Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew Recipe
"Here in the Northwest, we have a seemingly endless supply of seafood, so we're always searching for creative new recipes," reveals Renton, Washington cook Jennie Benjaminson. "This thick hearty stew was a big hit when I served it one year on Father's Day. My dad loved it! And so did everyone else."
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
Ick. One bite and we got out a frozen pizza.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >