I DON'T remember where I found this recipe, but I have used it for many years.
This is the first recipe I reach for when fresh tomatoes are in season. It goes great with a sandwich or makes a bright addition to a main course.
-Cora Miller, Lewiston, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice tomato into 1/2-in. thick slices; drain on a paper towel for
- 5-10 minutes. Place on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with garlic
- salt. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with bacon, cheese and oregano.
- Broil 3 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.