- 1 medium tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice tomato into 1/2-in. thick slices; drain on a paper towel for 5-10 minutes. Place on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with bacon, cheese and oregano. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Delight
"What an outstanding recipe! It was so easy to prepare and tasted great...I can't wait to make these tomatoes again!"
"Tastes like a blt without the bread. Very yummy and will definitely make these again soon!"
"Really liked this - simple and yummy! It looked pretty on the serving platter too."
"This was delious, even my daughter who will not eat tomatoes asked for seconds. Great combination of cheese and bacon"