I DON'T remember where I found this recipe, but I have used it for many years. This is the first recipe I reach for when fresh tomatoes are in season. It goes great with a sandwich or makes a bright addition to a main course. -Cora Miller, Lewiston, Michigan
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice tomato into 1/2-in. thick slices; drain on a paper towel for 5-10 minutes. Place on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with bacon, cheese and oregano. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Delight in Reminisce Extra August 1997, p47
Reviews for Tomato Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review