Tomato Cucumber Salad
When you need a salad in a snap, nothing can top this recipe. It nicely slices kitchen time without sacrificing quality! I like to make this dish a lot in summer, and my family never complains!Margery Richmond, Lacombe, Alberta
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch garlic salt
- In a serving bowl, layer half the tomatoes, all of the cucumber, then
- remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with onion. Combine remaining
- ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over
- salad. Cover and chill for 25 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.