When you need a salad in a snap, nothing can top this recipe. It nicely slices kitchen time without sacrificing quality! I like to make this dish a lot in summer, and my family never complains!—Margery Richmond, Lacombe, Alberta
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch garlic salt
- In a serving bowl, layer half the tomatoes, all of the cucumber, then remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with onion. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad. Cover and chill for 25 minutes or until ready to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Cucumber Salad in Country Woman July/August 1996, p35
Reviews for Tomato Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2015
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"This was excellent. I did not have any green onions so I had to leave that out. I had a small portion, and my husband finished it off, proclaiming it was great."