When you need a salad in a snap, nothing can top this recipe. It nicely slices kitchen time without sacrificing quality! I like to make this dish a lot in summer, and my family never complains!—Margery Richmond, Lacombe, Alberta
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch garlic salt
- In a serving bowl, layer half the tomatoes, all of the cucumber, then remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with onion. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad. Cover and chill for 25 minutes or until ready to serve. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Cucumber Salad in Country Woman July/August 1996, p35
Reviews for Tomato Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2015
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"This was excellent. I did not have any green onions so I had to leave that out. I had a small portion, and my husband finished it off, proclaiming it was great."