Tomato-Cream Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket; spread cheese mixture under the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine wine, tomatoes, shallot, garlic and basil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Add cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato-Cream Stuffed Chicken(5)
Sort By :
Followed the receipe but was disappointed with the results. I will make this again but use boneless chicken and layer it in a casserole form. The mixture and sauce had a great taste, just was not pleased using the bone in chicken breast.
I used skinless, boneless breasts and just cut a slit in the chicken to make a pocket. It was AMAZING! I thought that I could just use the extra stuffing to top the chicken and that would be great, but the wine sauce really adds a great pop of flavor, a great finishing touch!
awesome!!! the chicken had good flavoring and the meat was very moist, i will be making this recipe again.
this is definetely a keeper. can't wait to try it. thanks...
Very yummy! I think I will make the sauce to put on potatoes/rice. This was great, and it will be in our regular rotation.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >