- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket; spread cheese mixture under the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine wine, tomatoes, shallot, garlic and basil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Add cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato-Cream Stuffed Chicken
Sort By :
"Delicious! Quick and easy to prepare and looked absolutely elegant! I did not both to brown my chicken, rather just threw it in the oven for 40-45 mins- perfection!"
"My family don't like chicken breast but I made this for dinner tonight and everyone love it. This is delicious and the chicken was moist and tasty. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"I forgot to buy the spinach, but I didn't miss it. This was so rich and decadent! What a treat meal. Oh and I followed most of the suggestions and just used boneless, skinless breasts."
"This was so good. I made this with boneless chicken breasts and it turned out great. Will make this again!"
"Great dish and very flavorful. I too used boneless chicken breast as it is easier to work with and cooked up faster. I will definitely make this again."