- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chopped shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Carefully loosen the skin on one side of each chicken breast to form a pocket; spread cheese mixture under the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine wine, tomatoes, shallot, garlic and basil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Add cream and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato-Cream Stuffed Chicken
Sort By :
My family don't like chicken breast but I made this for dinner tonight and everyone love it. This is delicious and the chicken was moist and tasty. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I forgot to buy the spinach, but I didn't miss it. This was so rich and decadent! What a treat meal. Oh and I followed most of the suggestions and just used boneless, skinless breasts.
This was so good. I made this with boneless chicken breasts and it turned out great. Will make this again!
Great dish and very flavorful. I too used boneless chicken breast as it is easier to work with and cooked up faster. I will definitely make this again.
This is a great dish, the only things I did different is use a different cheese, instead of the mozzarella cheese I used a smoked Havarti cheese which has a more unique flavor. I also used boneless chicken breast and cut a pocket in the breast to stuff with the cheese mixture. I omitted the pan frying and placed directly in the oven. This may have reduced the fat content a little, but lets face it, you don't prepare this dish to watch calories. The sauce was to die for, it really surprised me. I used chicken stock instead of wine. This is a great dish to prepare if you want to impress someone.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >