Tomato Couscous Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons uncooked couscous
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in couscous and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Couscous Soup
"OM NOM NOM NOM!!!"