Tomato Couscous Soup Recipe
"I like this simple soup because the fresh tomato flavor really stands out," notes Joyce Woldt of Waupaca, Wisconsin. "It's a favorite at our house alongside a toasted cheese sandwich."
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons uncooked couscous
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in couscous and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Couscous Soup in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p5
Reviews for Tomato Couscous Soup(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >