- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons uncooked couscous
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in couscous and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Couscous Soup in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p5
Reviews for Tomato Couscous Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2013
"This is excellent and easy. You can use canned diced tomatoes if you don't have fresh, or if peeling fresh seems like too much work."
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2012
"OM NOM NOM NOM!!!"