Tomato Corn Salad Recipe
Wendy Ann Wood of Portland, Oregon has a remedy for the same old lettuce salad blues—red vine-ripe tomatoes mixed with white and yellow corn. "This salad is great for backyard barbecues, especially when there's a harvest of fresh corn in your garden. Or use frozen corn for other occasions year-round," she suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 2-1/4 cups cooked fresh or frozen white corn, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cooked fresh or frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a bowl, combine the corn, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 93 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC