Wendy Ann Wood of Portland, Oregon has a remedy for the same old lettuce salad blues—red vine-ripe tomatoes mixed with white and yellow corn. "This salad is great for backyard barbecues, especially when there's a harvest of fresh corn in your garden. Or use frozen corn for other occasions year-round," she suggests.
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups cooked fresh or frozen white corn, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cooked fresh or frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the corn, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Corn Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p11
Reviews forTomato Corn Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2009
"Salads in our home disappear very quickly and this one disappeared so fast, it was amazing. It will definitely be made for our family again."