Tomato Corn Bread Bake Recipe
Everyone in the family loves this dish, even the grandchildren. The corn bread topping nicely complements the ground beef, corn and tomatoes.—Lorraine Koehler, Watertown, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine corn bread mix, egg and milk just until moistened. Spoon over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 422 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC