Everyone in the family loves this dish, even the grandchildren. The corn bread topping nicely complements the ground beef, corn and tomatoes.—Lorraine Koehler, Watertown, Wisconsin
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine corn bread mix, egg and milk just until moistened. Spoon over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Corn Bread Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p296
Reviews for Tomato Corn Bread Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review