Tomato Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 celery ribs or 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add the celery, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in the tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (calculated without pasta) equals 227 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.