Tomato Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 celery ribs or 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add the celery, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in the tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 227 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.