"It can be a challenge to provide quick nutritious meals our whole family likes, but this low-fat dish is an all-time favorite," says Tina Meekins of Port Orchard, Washington. "I made up the recipe, but later learned from a friend that it's similar to traditional chicken cacciatore."
Recommended: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 celery ribs or 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add the celery, onion and garlic; saute until tender. Stir in the tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Chicken Skillet in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p64
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review