Tomato Chicken Penne Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in wine or broth; cook for 1 minute. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and slightly thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 287 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Chicken Penne
"My husband and I loved this! Will make it again. I used ground Italian sausage instead of the chicken."