"I love how fast this creamy dish is to prepare," says Glencoe, Minnesota's Cynthia Ettel. "My whole family enjoys it. Substitute shrimp, sausage or even sliced pepperoni for the chicken."
Recommended: 30 Pasta Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in wine or broth; cook for 1 minute. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through and slightly thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Chicken Penne in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p19
Reviews for Tomato Chicken Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review