Tomato Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
Couple this warm, cheesy bread with salad, soup or even an entree. “If you’d like, you can add other pizza toppings,” notes Janet Watson of Crown Point, Indiana.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, fennel seed and pepper flakes if desired. Spread over butter.
- 2. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 329 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Cheese Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC