Tomato Cheese Pizzas
“My mom used to prepare these yummy pizzas in the toaster oven for me when I was little,” Michelle Wise recalls from Cookeville, Tennessee. “They’re fast, healthy and delicious!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) process American cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place English muffins cut side up on a broiler pan. Top with cheese
- and tomato; sprinkle with oregano. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for
- 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 pizzas.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 125 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.