“I've been making this recipe for several years and it's a favorite with family and friends," writes Greta Sawyers in Mount Airy, North Carolina. "It can be used either as an appetizer or as a quick and easy main dish that goes well with a fresh salad or pasta.”
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Unroll pizza dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Spread garlic over crust. Bake at 375° for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the cheeses and oregano over crust. Arrange tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and oregano. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Tomato Cheese Pizza in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p33
Reviews for Tomato Cheese Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2012
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2010
"LOVED IT! Added candian bacon ~ but would have been excellect without it."