“I've been making this recipe for several years and it's a favorite with family and friends," writes Greta Sawyers in Mount Airy, North Carolina. "It can be used either as an appetizer or as a quick and easy main dish that goes well with a fresh salad or pasta.”
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Unroll pizza dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Spread garlic over crust. Bake at 375° for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the cheeses and oregano over crust. Arrange tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses and oregano. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Tomato Cheese Pizza in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Cheese Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2012
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2010
"LOVED IT! Added candian bacon ~ but would have been excellect without it."