Tomato Cheese Melt
"I love this as a late-night snack, but it also goes great with a bowl of soup at lunch," assures Suzanne Winters of Middletown, Delaware. "The cayenne pepper gives it just a bit of zip. It tastes and looks great."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 onion bagel or English muffin, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- On each bagel or muffin half, sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese and
- cayenne pepper. Top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle half of the
- Parmesan cheese over each tomato.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.