- 1 onion bagel or English muffin, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- On each bagel or muffin half, sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper. Top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over each tomato.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Cheese Melt
"This is soooo tasty! My mom made this for us as a summer snack when we had so many extra tomatoes from the garden. We still use this in the summer w/ fresh basil and so yummy. Funny how tastes and smells bring back such delightful thoughts of days gone by!"
"I've made similar things before but on bread. The onion bagel added a great flavor!"
"Made this type for years only using sandwich bread, sliced cheese, tomato & parmesan cheese. Whatever bread type you prefer. Broil until cheese is bubbly. Delicious!"