"I love this as a late-night snack, but it also goes great with a bowl of soup at lunch," assures Suzanne Winters of Middletown, Delaware. "The cayenne pepper gives it just a bit of zip. It tastes and looks great."
- 1 onion bagel or English muffin, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- On each bagel or muffin half, sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper. Top with a tomato slice. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese over each tomato.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Cheese Melt in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p64
Reviews for Tomato Cheese Melt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review