In addition to shrimp, I serve this cheesy fondue with French bread cubes. Every bite tastes like a little gourmet grilled cheese sandwich. —Roberta Rotelle, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cubed French bread and cooked shrimp
- Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a fondue pot; discard garlic and set pot aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, wine, butter, basil and cayenne; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low. Toss cheese with flour; gradually add to tomato mixture, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to prepared fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes and shrimp. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Cheddar Fondue in Farm and Ranch Living April/May 2009, p32
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato Cheddar Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review