Tomato Cheddar Fondue Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cubed French bread and cooked shrimp
- 1. Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a fondue pot; discard garlic and set pot aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, wine, butter, basil and cayenne; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low. Toss cheese with flour; gradually add to tomato mixture, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted.
- 3. Transfer to prepared fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes and shrimp. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without bread and shrimp) equals 118 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.