Tomato Cheddar Fondue Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cubed French bread and cooked shrimp
- 1. Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a fondue pot; discard garlic and set pot aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, wine, butter, basil and cayenne; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low. Toss cheese with flour; gradually add to tomato mixture, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted.
- 3. Transfer to prepared fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes and shrimp. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without dippers): 118 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Tomato Cheddar Fondue
"This was ok. Flavor was ok but found the heat of the fondue pot scorched the cheese (my pot doesn't have adjustable settings) and tomatoes fell to the bottom. I don't think I'll try again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.