Tomato Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once; drain. Cool completely.
- 2. Place broccoli in a serving bowl; gently stir in tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 49 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.