I found this recipe over 25 years ago. I made a few changes to it and our family has enjoyed it ever since. The colorful combination is perfect for the holidays, but it's equally nice at a summer picnic. —Helen Meadows of Trout Creek, Montana
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place broccoli and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once; drain. Cool completely.
- Place broccoli in a serving bowl; gently stir in tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tomato Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p29
Reviews for Tomato Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review