Tomato Broccoli Parmesan Recipe
I came up with this recipe when I was learning to cook healthier meals for my family. I can quickly prepare it while focusing on the main course.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place the broccoli in a small saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the carrots, onion and garlic in oil until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain broccoli. Add broccoli and broth to the carrot mixture; cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add tomato; toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 125 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC