Tomato Broccoli Parmesan
I came up with this recipe when I was learning to cook healthier meals for my family. I can quickly prepare it while focusing on the main course.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli in a small saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the carrots, onion and garlic in
- oil until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain broccoli. Add broccoli and
- broth to the carrot mixture; cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Add tomato; toss to combine. Sprinkle with
- Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 125 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.