Tomato Broccoli Cups
Red tomatoes stuffed with a green broccoli mixture make a colorful addition to the Christmas Day menu.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp leaving a
- 1/2-in. shell (discard pulp or save for another use). Invert
- tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a saucepan, place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of
- boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- set aside.
- Brush inside of tomatoes with 2 tablespoons butter. Stuff broccoli
- into tomatoes. Toss bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over
- tops. Place in an ungreased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 425° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.