"I've been making this comforting noodle and vegetable side dish for more than 10 years. It travels well and is always popular," notes Ellie Marsh of Lewistown, Pennsylvania.
Featured In: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups chopped seeded peeled tomatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the broccoli, tomatoes, parsley, bouillon, salt, oregano and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in macaroni and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Broccoli Bake in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p16
Reviews for Tomato Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review