Tomato Bread Stuffing
At the Claudia Sanders Dinner House, this old-fashioned side dish is favorite with customers.Cherry and Tom Settle, Shelbyville, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bread, toasted and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in
- flour until blended. Add the tomatoes, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Stir in toast cubes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 587 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.